Seiki LED TV needing repair

Repair forum for T.V's and Monitors only.

Postby blkapache » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey guys,

I had a Seiki v that popped in a surge protector when I went to plug in a PS3 in one of the HDMI ports. At any rate, there's no power to it now and I replaced one of the capacitors in the main board/power supply but there's still no power indication at all. I looked online for a replacement board but every search I've done has a picture of everything but the one I need. The model number is SE40FY19 but as stated, none of the pictures online match what I have. I noticed that Element and Emerson tvs' have some that match but only go up to about 39' and mine is a 40'. I've included a pic to show what's in there so can someone give me any assistance on to where I can get another one, please? I've already tried eBay and shopjimmy.com but no success as of yet. Thanks in advance.

blkapache
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Set up: Achi IR PRO SC, JBC CD-1BB soldering station, W.E.P. 858D hot air wand station.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Seiki LED TV needing repair

Postby we3dm4n » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:41 am

Cant open the pic ..
we3dm4n
VIP Member
VIP Member

Set up: Scotle IR360 Pro V3 3in1

Postby blkapache » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 am

Here's a better one
blkapache
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Set up: Achi IR PRO SC, JBC CD-1BB soldering station, W.E.P. 858D hot air wand station.

Postby wills123 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 am

have you tested for power going nto the unit? have you checked mainboard for any fuses that may be on it?
wills123
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
Great Britain
Set up: highly modded achi ir6000,2400w switched bottom,omega tc port,internal vac pump

Postby blkapache » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:21 pm

wills123 wrote:have you tested for power going nto the unit? have you checked mainboard for any fuses that may be on it?

Yeah, I tested and they are working but for some reason, no power is getting to it, though. The power supply and main board are one in the same unit so there's not an additional component to check like most other tvs'. I did, however, get the part number and got a match online but they all have 6 RGB/Component jacks as opposed to mine that only have 5 of them. I'm in a quandary and need help :(
blkapache
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby wills123 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:25 pm

i would expect there is fuses on the board somewhere, if not try to track where the power goes into the board and where it goes, may find where it disapeers
wills123
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
Great Britain
Set up: highly modded achi ir6000,2400w switched bottom,omega tc port,internal vac pump

Postby blkapache » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:38 am

Well, the issue was the chip on the main board. I bought a new board close to this one but it only powered it up....just no video. The SMD processor burned out during the surge and this new board doesn't have the power to push the LED. The replacement board for this tv has been virtually impossible to find so I contacted the company directly and they'll fix/replace it once I send in this one. I just got it the end of June so I should've done this from the jump.
blkapache
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby wills123 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:45 am

thanks for the update
wills123
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
Great Britain

Postby blkapache » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:05 pm

wills123 wrote:thanks for the update

Update: Seiki replaced the tv. It was still under warranty so I had to ship it out and after a month or so, I got it back last Friday. Back to gaming on my other PS3, now. :)
blkapache
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America

Return to T.V's and Monitors