PS4 PSU IC (pwm) seems to not work

PS4 repair forum

Postby liquidzorch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Hello. I have a psu here, an ADP-200, that has no 5v standby. I think it should be the mosfet controller since it sends no voltage to mosfet gate. It is a DAP041 (SCY99194). It is getting ac voltage on HV, and there is about 13v on vcc, and seems to be shorted to ground (about 30ohms) on FB, which is the pin that goes to the optocoupler.

I have another bad psu (n-14) that has a different model ic but semms identical in datasheet, the LD5760. I have placed it on the board, but it does not work. With this one on the board the HV and vcc are not steady, it pulses. Sadly I do not have a oscilliscope, I am using a digital multimeter. But the voltage is not steady on the pins with this one installed. Is there any way I can get this one to work on this board by changing other parts? Or subtitute the chip with a DNP controller from older psu's?

I wish I could understand a little more about theese mosfet power controllers, I get how it controls the mosfet. I dont get how the optocoupler tells it to stop, or the other 2 pins to check current and latch. Since I dont understand those 3, its hard to test the rest of the board to see if it is outputting ok to the controller.
liquidzorch
VIP Member
VIP Member

Set up: Scotle IR 6000 V4

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: PS4 PSU IC (pwm) seems to not work

Postby gkop » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 am

Heres about as good as it gets for a datasheet on that ic.

gkop
Valued Member
Valued Member
Progress to next rank:
70%

National Flag:
United States of America
Set up: ACHI IR6500 Modded 3500w, Hammer-Smash

Postby matic_s » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Post pictures of top and bottom side of the board.
matic_s
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
Slovenia
Set up: Achi IR PRO SC V3, Atten 850B, Hameg HM507

Postby liquidzorch » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Bottom: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XDpPKPTkcyv0kl832
Top: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xsxFuJWiQ4wDwcap2
Please ignore the dark spots, that was from lifting the ic with a hot air station. There were no original dark spots or burned pieces. The zener on pin 2 is not connected since it has a resistance of 70ohms, and that pin of the ic has a resistance of 40ohms to ground pin (unsoldered). SO I am pretty sure that ic is not working. Besides that I can not find any bad component.

Update: I opened a working slim model and it has the same ic. Now I get a pulse, but the 5v turns on then stops.
liquidzorch
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby liquidzorch » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 pm

Update: I got it working, and I can confirm the ic can be replaced with the other part number. It ended up being the ic, one transistor on low voltage side that controlled the voltage monitoring optocoupler, the voltage monitoring optocoupler, the ac detect optocoupler (strangely not on the high voltage side), and the dnp012 on low voltage side. The dnp012 had a short between an optocoupler two pins. So I replaced it, still not getting 5v to stay on, so I checked the voltage detection optocoupler finding the transistor to give different readings from a good one. Replaced it and got steady 5v, but missing ac/det 5v. Checked the only optocoupler that was facing the other direction (guessing it tells the dnp when there is good ac voltage). Replaced it and all is good.
liquidzorch
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby nik138 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:21 am

V interesting i have a few power supply which have no 5v and some with 5v but then dont turn on . can u post a pic or tell me which parts you replaced.
thanks
Nik
nik138
Elite Member
Elite Member
Progress to next rank:
20%

National Flag:
India
Set up: HT-R390

Postby liquidzorch » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Sorry but I no longer have any ps4 psu's to open a photograph.
liquidzorch
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby nik138 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 pm

no problem i was able to figure out the components and managed to fix 2 power supply units. i still have 2 in which one has no 5v stby i spent hrs swapping components but no change and the other one has 5v and turns on for 1 sec and then the 12v goes down. i replaced the ic 32 and the zeeners are ok no shorts . the mosfets are all good but for some reason it powers down f3 is also good. this one is weird. i do get high resistance on the smd NTC belows the big caps. i guess i will keep it for later .
nik138
Elite Member
Elite Member
Progress to next rank:
20%

National Flag:
India
Set up: HT-R390

Return to PS4 Repairs