XBOX ONE S E106 800701E7

Xbox One repair topics.

XBOX ONE S E106 800701E7

Postby chronixx » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:47 am

Hello,
i have got this slim with E106 and keeps changing errors with different offline update
it will not update and complete, stops at any percentage and restarts with OSU1
it gives me E101 http://imghst.co/25/GOPR0842.JPG http://imghst.co/36/GOPR0836.JPG
i hope i can get help with experienced members here
chronixx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
10%

XBOX ONE S E106 800701E7

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: XBOX ONE S E106 800701E7

Postby nik138 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 am

replace the hdd
nik138
Elite Member
Elite Member
Progress to next rank:
20%

National Flag:
India
Set up: HT-R390

Postby chronixx » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:02 am

nik138 wrote:replace the hdd

I have tried in 3 HDDs, but i still get the same issues
i have tried holding Bind + Eject then power up
it boots to recovery menu but when you try to reset it, the 2 options
don't fix this, the reset and keep apps and games and the other one of formatting
the whole HDD. the first option: keep games and apps, the console will restart and display
preparing console for about 5seconds then goes off and you have to restart from the top again.
i hope anyone here has fixed this kind of issue
chronixx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
10%

Postby scooterck » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Are you sure that the Blu Ray drive is connected and working?

Can you insert - eject a disc okay?

I had a Xbox One stuck in an update loop and kept dropping out with E106, this turned out to be a bad seat on the Blu Ray drive cable. You must have the drive connected to update the console.

Not sure if that helps, but that has been a repair I have had in the past and that console is now working fine.

Another thing to check is the dashboard version when you get to the menu, which gives you the options to update, reset, etc.

Just confirm that this is the version that is actually released, as I had another customer that was part of the Beta Dashboard release program. The beta dashboard bricked his console, this was in July and we had to wait till the 8th September release by Microsoft (as they wouldnt give the customer the update files required) to repair his console. That was an E106 error also.

Make sure you download the VERY latest download from MIcrosoft and then boot the console with Bind, Eject hold down and power on, when the first screen is displayed, keep them pressed until it actually boots from the USB stick and starts the update from the USB itself.

ScooterCK
scooterck
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
90%

National Flag:
Great Britain
Set up: 4 x Jovy RE-7500, 2 x Achi Pro SC, 2 X JBC CD-2HB Solderstations 2X BK6000

Postby chronixx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:00 pm

scooterck wrote:Are you sure that the Blu Ray drive is connected and working?

Can you insert - eject a disc okay?

I had a Xbox One stuck in an update loop and kept dropping out with E106, this turned out to be a bad seat on the Blu Ray drive cable. You must have the drive connected to update the console.

Not sure if that helps, but that has been a repair I have had in the past and that console is now working fine.

Another thing to check is the dashboard version when you get to the menu, which gives you the options to update, reset, etc.

Just confirm that this is the version that is actually released, as I had another customer that was part of the Beta Dashboard release program. The beta dashboard bricked his console, this was in July and we had to wait till the 8th September release by Microsoft (as they wouldnt give the customer the update files required) to repair his console. That was an E106 error also.

Make sure you download the VERY latest download from MIcrosoft and then boot the console with Bind, Eject hold down and power on, when the first screen is displayed, keep them pressed until it actually boots from the USB stick and starts the update from the USB itself.

ScooterCK
Thank so much. the dvd rom works fine, i can eject cds. i have downloaded latest OSU1 from MS website
tried different HDDs using xboxonehdd-master. i have also tried both reset options of keep games and apps and the other but all has failed. the console just boot to Preparing your console and then freeze at 66% or turn itself off before.
i have no idea if this update is a beta version or not but it das 14393.2123... E106
i just don't know what is wrong :facepalm:
chronixx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
10%

Postby scooterck » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 pm

I have one thing for your to try :)

I have sent you a private mail with a link to two files, I need you to :-

1. Download the files from the link I have sent you (please dont publish that link)

2. Unzip the files

3. Copy the $Systemupdate from the "trythis1st" file to a NTFS USB stick and boot from that using the Offline Update method (with the USB stick in the USB port). This will reset your Xbox One and get it out of the loop its currently in. Your console will reboot a couple of times, when its finished your ready for the next stage.

4. Delete the $Systemupdate from the previous stage from your USB stick and copy the $Systemupdate from the "trythis2nd" and then boot using the Offline Update method (with the USB stick in the USB port), I'm confident that will then go through and get you to a dashboard.

Please let me know :)

Scooterck
scooterck
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
90%

National Flag:
Great Britain
Set up: 4 x Jovy RE-7500, 2 x Achi Pro SC, 2 X JBC CD-2HB Solderstations 2X BK6000

Postby scooterck » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:31 am

Hi,

Me again, if the above fails I have found the actual dashboard for your console.

Its the November 2016 update your console is programmed to

Xbox One '10.0.14393.2123 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161105-1400) fre' November 2016 Update

You can download the actual update from the below link

https://digiex.net/threads/xbox-one-sys ... ate.14885/

So you can use this as the Offline Update method by placing the $Systemupdate on a NTFS USB stick or you can add the files to your harddisk directly by formatting with the Windows script and then making the A + B directories.

If you are copying files to the harddisk, in the System Update Partition make two directories "A" and "B" and copy all the files from the $Systemupdate file to both directories (excluding updater.xvd), this file goes in the ROOT of System Update directory.

Hopefully either of my solutions will get you working again, please let me know how you got on :)

ScooterCK
scooterck
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
90%

National Flag:
Great Britain

Postby chronixx » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:04 am

scooterck wrote:I have one thing for your to try :)

I have sent you a private mail with a link to two files, I need you to :-

1. Download the files from the link I have sent you (please dont publish that link)

2. Unzip the files

3. Copy the $Systemupdate from the "trythis1st" file to a NTFS USB stick and boot from that using the Offline Update method (with the USB stick in the USB port). This will reset your Xbox One and get it out of the loop its currently in. Your console will reboot a couple of times, when its finished your ready for the next stage.

4. Delete the $Systemupdate from the previous stage from your USB stick and copy the $Systemupdate from the "trythis2nd" and then boot using the Offline Update method (with the USB stick in the USB port), I'm confident that will then go through and get you to a dashboard.

Please let me know :)

Scooterck

Thank you so much bro,
but still no good new yet:( the first update from folder "trythis1st" doesn't finish
it goes up to some % and then goes off or restart to screen ''preparing console...'' and then get freeze at 66%
while trying to update, it has not gone past 10% most time stops at 6% but it has also gone past that to 8%

i have tried to just start with just the power button, and bring a black screen left it for about one and half hours and then i switched off restarted but still goes back to preparing console and freeze at 66%.

"trythis2nd" update as it begins to update, brings E101, it does even start the update
chronixx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
10%

Postby scooterck » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 am

Well try the actual update I sent you the link for

https://digiex.net/threads/xbox-one-sys ... ate.14885/

see my previous mail for how to apply to your console. If you console still fails at 66% then its definitely not an update issue, its a problem else where on the console.

Just checking, but the Blu Ray drive is the original drive?? As these are married to the consoles main board and need to match for the console to update.

Scooterck
scooterck
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
90%

National Flag:
Great Britain

Postby scooterck » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Just read back your previous messages.

Can you also confirm that when you what you did
---------------------------------------------------------------
i have tried holding Bind + Eject then power up
it boots to recovery menu but when you try to reset it, the 2 options ( did you keep these pressed after the reset menu is displayed until the screen actually boots from the USB stick and not the console. The Recovery screen goes off and then it boots from the USB stick itself?
don't fix this, the reset and keep apps and games and the other one of formatting
the whole HDD. the first option: keep games and apps, the console will restart and display
preparing console for about 5seconds then goes off and you have to restart from the top again.

EVEN though you are booting using Bind +Eject, that is actually booting from the console and not the USB stick itself, to boot from the USB you have to keep the Bind+Eject Button pressed and the recovery screen goes off, you will see a difference.

scooterck
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
90%

National Flag:
Great Britain

Next

Return to Xbox One Repairs