Looking for k-type thermocouple untwisted wire (cable)

Anything you're looking for post in here.

Postby rjpeek » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:09 am

I find the thermocouples that came with this reflow station (Puhui T-890) to be short, I'm wanting to make some that are longer. The manufacture says they are k-type. Please take a look at the photos on my post "Puhui T-890 (T890) Thermocouples". I'm wanting to buy a few untwisted thermocouples and modify them by replacing the connector per the photos.
rjpeek
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Looking for k-type thermocouple untwisted wire (cable)

Postby code0102stinks » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:06 am

rjpeek wrote:I find the thermocouples that came with this reflow station (Puhui T-890) to be short, I'm wanting to make some that are longer. The manufacture says they are k-type. Please take a look at the photos on my post "Puhui T-890 (T890) Thermocouples". I'm wanting to buy a few untwisted thermocouples and modify them by replacing the connector per the photos.

Myself and a few other guys have the T-8280 preheater and went round and round about trying to figure out
what type of TC the OEM TC is. Reason was that any other type K would not work properly hooked up to the
8280. I did discover thought that the OEM TC's I have for my 8280 worked well with my Watlow, Sestos, and
Love controllers setup as type K input. So, it seems that they are type K on the Puhui T-8280, but maybe the
impedance is different about them vs a regular Omega type K. I am suspecting your T-890 TC's are probably
just like the type K's that come in the 8280. Try a known good type K hooked to your T-890 to see if it reads
right before buying a whole bunch of them.

Don't know much of your machine, but from pics on the net, it appears to have 300W quartz top heater. Quartz
works very good if it's a decent quality element. I know a guy on FB that uses a ceramix 250 quartz on top
that swears by it. Good IR heat.
code0102stinks
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Set up: DIY Hot Air Top Heater and Nozzle. Modded T8280 Preheater

Postby rjpeek » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:46 am

So far the only information that I've been able to get from the manufacture is that they are k-type. I'm trying to get more information from them.

Where did you get the information about the top heater being quarts, I know about the 300V and that it comes in 110V/220v versions that look identical. One of my other posts "Puhui T-890 (T890) Top Heater Not Following Profile" has the resistance measurement between the two versions.
rjpeek
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby code0102stinks » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:02 am

rjpeek wrote:So far the only information that I've been able to get from the manufacture is that they are k-type. I'm trying to get more information from them.

Where did you get the information about the top heater being quarts, I know about the 300V and that it comes in 110V/220v versions that look identical. One of my other posts "Puhui T-890 (T890) Top Heater Not Following Profile" has the resistance measurement between the two versions.

I am sure they are telling you the truth about them being type K. They will probably work fine in other thermometers or
controllers that use type K but I am betting any type K you buy from BGAMods or Ebay will not work correctly with
the internal controller of your Puhui. Just a hunch on my part.

I just thought your top element was quartz due to seeing the appearance in this pic.
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/739/135/ ... 39_162.jpg
Looking at your other thread.
code0102stinks
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Set up: DIY Hot Air Top Heater and Nozzle. Modded T8280 Preheater

Return to Wanted