BGA Rework Station Profile - Advanced

Rework and Rework Station guides and tutorials.

Postby Celsius » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:53 am

Some things I do differently but this is the best tutorial I have ever seen. (The Basics) viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2184&start=10

Altec PC410 gives you different temperature reading, It is because the wiring from the connector to the controller.
When the controller heats up it slides also, so it is important to use external TC meter.
When you have timed how long it takes to preheat using bottom IR only to the temp you are aiming at.
Then you use the altec pc410 sr232 and the software to look how good your temperature curve is.
http://www.nxp.com/about/corporate-soci ... nding.html

If the curve looks bad you can smooth it by using the lower hotair.
You can start using top ir when you hit 160C top of the pcb this smooth temperatures.

But the key thing that you forgot to tell is that the controllers TC are in different places.
Bottom heater IR temperature is controlled over the IR plates this is why you need to set it higher.
Because it is not the PCB temperature it is reflective heat/radiation from the ir elements.
When the controlling is done like this you also need to tweak PID setting in the temp area where you like to rework.
This is easy to do make the PID output led blink constantly when you are in the set temp.
It does not matter if the temp slides as long you have constant output.

Top ir is controlled by your TC touching the PCB so this is the real “chip” temperature.
So this is why you need to use ramp 1 that you don’t burn the chip keeping the radiation on too long.

The bottom Hotair is controlled from air flow so if you want same temperature what is in your preheter is giving you measure temperature
from bottom of the pcb above the ir plates and same time under the chip where is the hot air nozzle. Using two TC sensors.

When you set bottom hot air to 222C it is actually 222C in the bottom of the pcb. It depends how close your nozzle is.
When preheating the pcb keep in mind that the bottom nozzle is blowing could air in the bottom, if it is set to zero... could air hmmm 30c air haha desert man.

But really good basic information and I know if beginners do like you
they will succeed at the first try. Great beginners tutorial M8 10+

I registered here because of this vid. Now i like to see advanced profiling vid....
Celsius
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
50%

National Flag:
Finland
Set up: Heavily modified Honton HT-R390

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BGA Rework Station Profile - The Basics

Postby Celsius » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:40 am

I have set my PID to 230C and you can see in my vids how it works 230C and 220C. Slides more in 220C...

230C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xbr7-gp5es
220C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcM0xdX01s
Celsius
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
50%

National Flag:
Finland

Postby jamesfreddie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

[quote="Celsius"]I have set my PID to 230C and you can see in my vids how it works 230C and 220C. Slides more in 220C...

230C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xbr7-gp5es
220C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcM0xdX01s[/quote]

Are you Dream???
jamesfreddie
Banned
Banned

National Flag:
Great Britain
Set up: Honton R392 Atten 858D, Aoyue 968, T8280, SCOTLE HT-80, WEP 942 Aoyue 2901 Clone

Postby Celsius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Are you Dream???

Yes
Celsius
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
50%

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Deus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

[quote="Celsius"]When you set bottom hot air to 222C it is actually 222C in the bottom of the pcb. It depends how close your nozzle is.When preheating the pcb keep in mind that the bottom nozzle is blowing could air in the bottom, if it is set to zero... could air hmmm 30c air haha desert man.[/quote]
On most 3 zone hot air stations the set temp for your top and/or bottom hot air nozzle gives the AIR TEMP.
NOT the PCB temp.

That is also the reason you see rework temps of up to 265C with HA, as it is the air temp, not the chip.

Or, for same reason, with IR most use 225-230 as max setting.
As here you read pcb/chip temp.

Need to realise that, especially with IR.
Deus
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Celsius » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 am

How to Calibrate bottom and top Hot Air that you can do many runs no need to wait the room temps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S800d2OC ... e=youtu.be
Celsius
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Progress to next rank:
50%

National Flag:
Finland

Re: BGA Rework Station Profile - Advanced

Postby itsmeinit » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi, has anybody set up a profile on a honton r392?
I'm trying to reach a consistent topside board temp of 160C, I've set the ir plates at 230C, upper hr 3/0/600 end and lower hr 3/230/600. The problem is
the topside board temp is only reaching 130C-140 max even after 15mins. If I increase ir plates to 300C and lower hr to 260 it still only gets to 150 in
15mins. What am I doing wrong?
itsmeinit
Progress to next rank:
0%

Set up: Honton ht-r392

Postby sklickrick » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:46 pm

[quote="itsmeinit"]Hi, has anybody set up a profile on a honton r392?
I'm trying to reach a consistent topside board temp of 160C, I've set the ir plates at 230C, upper hr 3/0/600 end and lower hr 3/230/600. The problem is
the topside board temp is only reaching 130C-140 max even after 15mins. If I increase ir plates to 300C and lower hr to 260 it still only gets to 150 in
15mins. What am I doing wrong?[/quote]

You need to start a new Thread TBH.. im sure the BGA police will correct us here.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
we also need to have your tc placement etc,
But any how , check here , this will sort you out, KINDA.
viewforum.php?f=37

these dont include bottom HR / 3 stage.. if i recall ;) ;)
sklickrick
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
80%

Postby Hoang » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:47 am

BGA Rework Stations are one of the finest components for optimum precision of BGA Rework available worldwide loaded with advanced features like PDR SMD Rework Stations deliver many benefits including the highest performance and soldering quality. Now, the BGA Rework Station can be connected to a laptop or pc, which incorporates user-created and edited profiles which have been uploaded to the BGA rework station from the computer using an easy & user friendly operation via automatic & manual pc modes.
Hoang
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
40%

Return to Rework/Station Guides