Unscrupulous Ebay Seller(s) Puhui T8280

Discussion, support and reviews of preheaters.

Postby blu » Fri May 23, 2014 1:46 am

Just a heads up. I dealt with an ebay Seller: rumei-shopping. He sold me a preheater a while back that had a very badly crimped/pinched sensor, like it had been done with pliers. I return the heater expecting to be reimbursed original+return shipping. I had asked for him to print the shipping label initially to avoid the risk of being left with no recourse (which is now biting me in the ass), but he promised to refund that as well. I send it back, he never says a word on receiving it and I have to keep asking on the refund. So he fakes this nice act to drag out me not filing a case with eBay, for months. I had found out you have 60 days or you are SOL. ebay/paypal really won't do shit after this and the seller knew this. He originally agreed full amount plus return shipping to which he revised to original amount less ebay/paypal fees. What a piece of work this guy.

I did eventually get back most of my money filing a fraud case with my bank and his account flagged w/ paypal(whatever that means). What's interesting is he's written about on PuHui's website from 4 YEARS AGO. http://www.puhuit.com/main/page_news_july_2010.html

I contacted PuHui about it to see if they could do anything and they said they can't do anything because of how small they are, apparently. I really wish the time to leave feedback was not 60 days, there shouldnt be any limit so I can warn others on this...
blu
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Unscrupulous Ebay Seller(s) Puhui T8280

Postby DrunkenNinja » Fri May 23, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah he sounds nasty, I would say though that the pliers pinch you mention on the T8280 is actually quite standard, mine came like that too and I also had your reaction till some of the guys here told me it was normal, there was likely never anything wrong with the machine in the first place... :facepalm:

To specify, your talking about the weird kink in the tubing where the sensor points down to the plates? This is how it was designed and it works quite well actually... You can just about see the kink in the image above...

Sorry to hear of all the trouble you had though, the seller is an idiot for not telling you this stuff and sending you pictures of other machines on websites with the same kink in the onboard thermocouple...

Glad u got it sorted though
DrunkenNinja
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
Great Britain
Set up: Aoyue 968 - Modified Heatspreader / Puhui T-8280 - C100 Controller Modification

Postby blu » Fri May 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah, it just happened to be that he is pretty shady with after sale support. I just can't believe I had to go to that extent for a simple refund for what I thought was defective. In retrospect, if he was legitimate, he would have offered to have that part replaced first before anything.

After he agreed to refund the full amount and return shipping, he later asked to send a replacement unit; I had already bought one from someone else since he was decidedly taking so long... this was an example of the type of correspondence that dragged things out.

There should be a sticky or something for new people on these types of purchases. These repairs are hard enough without these asshole sellers scamming you.
blu
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby code0102stinks » Fri May 23, 2014 11:59 pm

I was also mistaken about the bent tube with mine when I bought it because the previous version under the edge of the pcb. In my case though,
the plate under the bent TC tube was badly broken, so it gave the appearance even more that the tube was bent from shipping. I modded my TC
anyway and made it the way liked it.
code0102stinks
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Set up: DIY Hot Air Top Heater and Nozzle. Modded T8280 Preheater

Postby jamesfreddie » Sat May 24, 2014 8:15 am

So one second, he sent you a perfectly working unit. You returned it and expected a full refund plus postage :lol:
jamesfreddie
Banned
Banned

National Flag:
Great Britain
Set up: Honton R392 Atten 858D, Aoyue 968, T8280, SCOTLE HT-80, WEP 942 Aoyue 2901 Clone

Return to Preheaters