PS3 optical sensors

This forum is for the sale of all consoles / laptops / tablets etc parts or whole items faulty or working.
Forum rules
Strictly NO Sales of rework stations or accessories including flux , stencils, solder, etc in this forum. If you do want to sell rework stations or accessories please contact the admin.

You buy and sell items from other members at your own risk. BGA Mods is not responsible for anything bought or sold here!

Be safe, be smart!

PS3 optical sensors

Postby blkapache » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Hello,

I have 4 or 5 optical sensors that came out of some fat systems that could use a home. Here's the issue: when you turn the PS3 on, it does that "spin" like it's trying to run a disc, even though it's not a disc in the drive. I replaced it with a new one and it's fine now but I have several sensors that look new but when you connect them, they do that "spinnage" when you turn on the system. I'm willing to bet the sensors themselves are fine but the wires may be the issue. I saw a youtube vid that shows how to fix these type of issues by digging the wires out and placing them back in but my patience for that has left so I'd rather just buy the whole replacement. Anyone around that would like some free ones, just handle shipping, they're yours. Like I said, I'm sure the sensors are good but the wires may be faulty. Again, youtube has videos on how to fix them but I just buy the replacements. Send me a pm if interested.
blkapache
VIP Member
VIP Member

National Flag:
United States of America
Set up: Achi IR PRO SC, JBC CD-1BB soldering station, W.E.P. 858D hot air wand station.

PS3 optical sensors

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Sales Forum